Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 10 of the 2012 Advent Calendar

Well hello there.  Welcome to day 10 of the 2012 Online Advent Calendar.  

This is my first time doing the advent calendar and I am super happy to be able to be a part of it all.  Check out all of the days on the calendar for a treat on the eyes!

The theme this year is "Stocking, Sack or Something else?"  Our tradition in our house is stockings.  We do not have a mantel, so they are placed on the couch on Christmas eve and in the morning they are overflowing with gifts from Santa.  I can not seem to find any pictures from last year, and I seem to have lost the stockings, so will have to buy new ones for this year.  

We usually leave cookies and milk for Santa, and occasionally carrots for his reindeer.  Santa never forgets to bring everyone some goodies each year, some times big and sometimes small.

I have the following to show in the Christmas spirit.  Sorry there are no stocking pics.
Hangings done in 2011.

Hangings done in 2011.

Christmas tree 2012.

Christmas granny mouse, one of my favorites.

Santa!

Another favorite.
I have done a few of the hangings, but the others are currently not with me.  Since working on such a large piece, (Unleashed), these are nice to do.  They were super fast to get finished and they are lovely to hang up at Christmas time.

The tree is not real, we go back and forth with having a "real" tree.  Last year, we planted the live tree that we had at my mother in laws.  

The 3 ornaments are my favorites.  The granny mouse always reminds me of my grandma.  

Well there you go.  I hope you enjoyed my day of the advent calendar as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you all!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!


20 comments:

  1. Cute little Christmas hangings & beautiful tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Donna,
    What cute cross stitch hangings and your tree is so adorable and I agree about the Granny Mouse to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas hangings are so cute! Great stitching! I like your Santa ornament too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree looks amazing! The stitched hangers are so sweet. It is so nice to take a break from a large piece.
    Have a great week!
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a quick finish is a must!
      Thank you!
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Such lovely hangings, I love the little hangers they are on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were all kits that came from either Joanne's or Michaels. I'm not sure which as my co-worker bought them for me a few years ago. They were only $1.00 a piece and had the fabric, floss and hanger.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Very lovely hangings Donna! Your Christmas tree is beautiful too...and already stocked with gifts! Thanks for sharing your tradition with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to say that this year, we got the majority of our shopping done before the rush. Unlike most years...
      Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Your Christmas hangings are gorgeous and so is your decorated tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Donna, I love learning about fellow stitchers. Your stitching is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far behind in commenting!! Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar. I loved both your pics and posted both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for letting me take part!

      Delete
  10. So awesome, all of these! My favs are def the mice - the stitched one as well as the Christmas tree toy - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the mice are my favorites also.

      Delete