Just to tell you right off, hardly any stitching has been done, I think I have stitched maybe 10 hours since March, if that. Why? Well, that leads me to why I haven't blogged in forever.
1. Work was busy, and I mean busy. There wasn't time to eat, much less stitch at lunch. I rarely took a lunch and if I ate, it was in between calls and orders.
2. The end of 7th grade for my dear daughter and summer. We had a great summer although we were not able to go camping or take many trips.
3. On my birthday, our car died. We thought it was something small as we were out all day, hadn't had any problems, pulled into the driveway and right before my hubby put it into park, it died. A month and a half later we got the car back, with a new engine. You may ask why? Well if I remember correctly a rod broke off and went into the piston and tore it a new one. Not something you want. You may ask how? They don't know, but apparently this has been happening to these engines. We tried to get our insurance to cover the cost, but no. We are still trying to get the maker to pay for some or all of it, but it is a battle. In closing, it wasn't the greatest birthday present.
4. While having the car at the shop F.O.R.E.V.E.R. we borrowed a car from my co-worker K. We had the car for a month. She and her hubby saved us I will tell you that. Then we got a rental, a nice convertible 2014 mustang. Although not meant for a family, we had a great time and took a ride up the coast one weekend.
|Our rental car for the Hwy 1 drive|
|On the road.|
|A cave we found along one of the beaches off of Hwy 1.|
|Drive thru tree|
|She looks beautiful.|
|Trees along the hwy.|
|Paul Bunyan at the Trees of Mystery.|
|An interesting stop along the way.|
|A cute little cafe/restaurant across from Trees of Mystery.|
Those are only a few of the pictures I took of our coast trip.
5. We then got our car back and took a trip to Monterey. I love the ocean and all of the creatures that reside in it. Again, I took a lot of pics, but here are some of the highlights.
After the Aquarium, we took the 17 mile drive. We had never done it and we stopped at almost every place we could. I took more pics of course!
|The views were spectacular!|
|We saw a lot of hermit crabs.|
|A few fat beach squirrels.|
|Probably one of my favorite stops.|
|I love this one.|
Although my hubby thought we were going to die at Pigeon Point, (it is a hostile), we were fine and made it back just fine.
I hope you enjoyed all of the pics.
6. We moved! Finally, after wanting to get out of where we were for so long, we moved. It was a freak thing, as we didn't even have our place up for sale. It's amazing what can happen when someone stops to ask a question when you are just working in your yard. Long, long (long) story short, we moved in about 3 weeks. It was insane and we are still unpacking, but we did it. And we are all much happier because of it.
7. Dear daughter started 8th grade. She chopped off all of her hair, and it looks great! Then we had it died red with purple highlights. It really does look amazing. I will have to d/l a pic and put it up here next time I come here to blog. (hopefully that won't be too long from now).
8. Unpacking it tiresome. We still have quite a bit to do and in between we are having beds delivered, buying new desks and lamps and so on and so on. It's tiring, but it is worth it.
I think that is it for now, I hope I didn't bore you all!