Friday, September 28, 2012

Cross Stitch Update


Unleashed by Anne Stokes, Chart by Heaven & Earth Designs.


For those of you who enjoy crafts and possibly cross stitch, I give you Ruh.  He is the dragon cross stitch I am doing for my hubby.  This is page 8 which I completed today.  It's a little blurry, but I only have my phone at work with me, so it will have to do for now. 
For those that cross stitch, his stats are as follows:  18 count aida, 2 over 1, full cross stitch.  The chart can be found at www.heavenandearthdesigns.com  The artist is Anne Stokes.  He is a BAP!  Although not as large as some, he is 42 pages. 
I originally began working him on offwhite fabric, stitching the black background.  After 2 1/2 pages, I purchased some black fabric and am now not stitching the background. 
He previously looked like this:
I couldn't do it anymore... So black fabric it is.  A few people have told me that I am crazy for doing him on black, but so far it hasn't bothered me any.
Now that I have finished page 8, I have to go back through pages 1-6 and frog (take out) all of the stitches I did of 3371 due to a dye lot color change.  I am not happy about this and I am not looking forward to it, but I am hoping that it won't take too long.  Plus, once it is done, I will feel much better about having fixed it.
I have to work on Siberian Tiger (freebie SAL) this weekend as I have to put an update up this weekend.  Currently my tiger has maybe 200 stitches into him. 
At this time, those are my WIP's.  I don't really like to have numerous on the go.  One for work and one for home seem to be just fine for me!

If you are crafty, what are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment