Monday, October 29, 2012

Are you afraid of clowns?

Howdy everyone!  I have more followers.  Welcome and thank you for following.
Before going into my weekend and the events that happened, I would like to say that I hope everyone on the East Coast stays safe!  I am hopeful that Sandy is not as big as they say she is.  You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Let's see..  So my weekend was quite busy.  Friday night I really don't remember what we did, but I know we got home later than normal and I slept horribly that night. 
Saturday was filled with laundry and running around trying to get stuff done.  I got a little bit of stitching in on Unleashed, but not much. 
Sunday we went to Fright Fest.  Oh my, it was fun.  We took my nephew with us, as he knows the lay of the land.  We went to all of the haunted houses.  They were much much fun.  I got scared a few times, but it wasn't horrible.  I think the thought of someone being around each and every corner was scarier than there actually having someone be there.  Hope that made sense.  I didn't take too many pictures, as you can't inside the houses.  But we did get a few pictures walking around.  The clowns were awesome. 
Speaking of, holy crap a lot of people are afraid of clowns!  I was in shock of the amount of people that would seriously flip out if one came near them.

We didn't get home last night until after 10:00pm and we were all quite tired.  My feet are still hurting me today and my bunches said he is hurting as well.  Dearest Daughter was of course just fine.  (Nephew was fine also).  Oh to be young again!  To turn around and get up at 5:15, I was not a very chipper person this morning, nor am I chipper now. 

If you have a Discovery Kingdom around you and are able to attend their fright fests, you should do so.  They are great fun.  Of course, if you have a small(er) child who should not be taken through them houses, please do not do so.  The amount of adults who were taking their 7 to 8 year old children through amazed me.  Seriously people?  No one wants to hear your child scream at the top of her voice that she wants to get out and not go into any more.  Only for you to take her to the next one....   Dolts!

I keep seeing the WiPocalypse around and I don't believe I will participate in that.  However, I am occasionally seeing people post regarding something where they have a new start for each day of January.  Where would I sign up for this for 2013?  Any information/links would be appreciated!

Until next time, peace out!  lol

6 comments:

  1. I'm not afraid of clowns. I think the amusement parks are great at Halloween time! I am close to Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knotts Berry Farm, and Disneyland.

    In 2012, there was a Yahoo group for the Crazy January Challenge but I don't know if there will be a new group for 2013.

    There are Facebook groups for the 2012 and 2013 Crazy January Challenge. Most of them do 15 starts for the first 15 days of January, but there are few of us starting a new one every day (like me).

    Facebook CrosstitchCrazy2012:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/210565125666090/
    Facebook CrosstitchCrazy2013:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/280537015333130/
    Yahoo CrazyJanuary2012:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crazyjanuary2012/?yguid=95312652

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby (37) and my daughter (12) just got to go to Disneyland earlier this year for the first time. I had not been since the late 80's. I would love to see the park at Halloween, I have heard it is wonderful.
      Thank you for the info, I will check those out!

      Delete
  2. Hi! Glad you had a good time! I'm not afraid of clowns... I actually find them quite cute in their sad way :D
    Wish I could help with your querie as I know exactly what you're on about, sorry. Mii, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to talk myself out of doing the Crazy 15. We shall see how it work out but I am part of the 2012 yahoo group but have not heard anything about a 2013 group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I ask why you are trying to talk yourself out of it? Too many new starts?

      Delete