Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend update

Welcome to Monday.  It was an okay weekend.  I got no stitching done whatsoever.  I got to hang with my bunches on Friday.  He did a few things at school and I waited for him.  Got to see a girl get chased by a turkey, it was a good time!  Gobble gobble gobble!
We went and bought my bunches a new jacket, it is a trench coat and he has wanted one forever.  We are having it dry-cleaned now.  We are paying more for it to be cleaned than we did when we purchased it.  (Aren't 50% off sales wonderful)!  He also got a new pair of slacks as well as he has to dress nice for school.
Saturday and Sunday pretty much run together.  I don't feel like I accomplished a whole bunch, but I do feel like I got a few things done. 
DD asked last night as I was getting her settled into bed, "why are the weekends so fast?"  Yeah, I don't have an answer for that other than they just are.  There are too many days included in the "work week" and not enough in the weekend.  Someone needs to do something about this!
It started raining last night, and was still raining when we left this morning.  I love the rain, but I hate driving in it.  Just add water to the people that don't know how to drive and it makes them 1000 times worse!  There were quite a few accidents and the commute to work was very slow. 
The Giants play tonight, in game 7.  Although I am not a follower of baseball, (please, don't throw anything at me), I root for the bay area teams, so I am rooting for the Giants to win tonight.  Go Giants!!! 
Just an FYI - I do follow football and I am a Raiders fan!   This man happened to be on a flight I took last year coming back into the bay area.  Had to take a picture!!

I've been checking out quite a few blogs lately and have added some on to my following list.  I really enjoy looking at others cross stitchy work.  (And other crafts).  I also noticed a have a few more followers!  Welcome and thank you. 
I started page 9 of Unleashed today at lunch.  He is looking very good if I do say so myself.  My half year goal on HAED is to have pages 7 thru 9 complete, so I have to get crackin!  I am going to bring him home with me tonight and see if I can finish off the first color of this page.  I am hope full that I can.  I don't have to cook dinner tonight, so that will help quite a bit.
Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hope the rain stops & your week gets better as it get closer to the weekend ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The rain is supposed to stop tomorrow. The good news is that it wasn't raining on the way in to work this morning. It's a happy day! :)

    ReplyDelete